top of page

Established 1920

Wigram & Ware is an independent practice of optometrists and opticians which has been serving King's Lynn and West Norfolk since 1920.

We pride ourselves on providing a friendly, professional service from a team of fully qualified, dedicated and experienced practitioners.


Our success has been built on a desire to meet the needs of individual patients and their families. We are delighted to offer eye care at all ages; from infancy through into the later years of life. 

As a company we are committed to a continuing programme of development and improvement through regular staff training, modernisation of equipment and increasing co-operation with the local medical fraternity. 

Contact Lens

Practice Facilities

At Wigram and Ware we strive to provide patients with the latest in ophthalmic care.

Both practices have fully equipped, air-conditioned, consulting rooms and ground floor appointments are always available. Just ask when you give us a call. 

We can offer state-of-the-art Optomap imaging and OCT scans as part of our eye examination service. This allows our optometrists to monitor the health of your eyes more closely. 

Types of Contact Lens

Our Services

Our Services Include:

• NHS And Private Eye Examinations 
• Children's Eye Care 
• Glaucoma Screening 
• Examinations For Computer Users 
• Fully Qualified Dispensing Optician And Optical Assistants To Care For Individual Spectacle Requirements 
• Coloured Overlay Examination
• Contact Lens Examinations For Soft And Rigid Gas Permeable Lenses
• Fundus Photography
• Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)

• Optomap Retinal Imaging

Our History
Wigram & Ware has been providing quality eye care to the many residents of King's Lynn and West Norfolk for over a century.

The company was founded in 1920 but there had been a practice in King's Lynn, run by Mr Francis Wigram since 1912, when the Wigram family acquired an opticians' business from Charles Hyman who had been practising in King's Lynn High Street and Cambridge for a number of years earlier. 

Mr Francis Wigram (nephew of the founder) was appointed Chairman and Chief Executive in the 1950's and ran the business until it was sold in 1989 to Mr Peter Hutchinson and Mr Kevin Smith. It was during this partnership that the Dersingham branch opened in 2003, and the King's Lynn practice moved to its current location in Blackfriars Street in 2006. The present owners are Mrs Sarah Baldock, Mrs Linda Vernon-wood and Mr Imran Hakim, following Mr Peter Hutchinson's retirement in 2012 and Kevin Smith's retirement in November 2018.

bottom of page